Here is the FAQ (’frequently asked questions”) page about the Cupid’s Hunt Podcast Collaboration Event. This information will always be available at this URL: https://www.cupidshunt.com/faqs/
Q1. What is “Cupid’s Hunt”?
A1. “Cupid’s Hunt” (or CH for short) is a collaboration project of music podcasters and music fans in celebration of Valentine’s Day. On this day all of the people who are participating have agreed to release and make available for download (in MP3 format) or streaming a music and/or audio podcast with a “Love” theme for Valentine’s Day. This year Valentine’s Day (February 14, 2017) is on a Tuesday.
Q2. Why the name “Cupid’s Hunt”? What does *that* mean?
A2. The name Cupid’s Hunt came out of a late night/all night brainstorming session on Twitter back in January, 2008. “Cupid”, the symbol of Love/Valentine’s Day and “Hunt”, meaning to search for. When you put them together and apply the phrase to the world of podcasting you have a search for music online. Or, as the CH project has been subtitled: “Searching for Love Music… In All The Right Places!”
Q3. Oh OK, now I get it. How do I get involved with the Cupid’s Hunt project?
A3. That’s easy! Just make a music and/or audio podcast with a Valentine’s Day theme: good love, bad love, want love, hate love… it doesn’t matter, go where ever your creativity takes you. Once your CH podcast is finished we want you to post it online on (or just before) Valentine’s Day, Tuesday, February 14, 2017.
Q4. How will readers who visit my site know my podcast is part of this project?
A4. Glad you asked! There are several ways that your readers will associate your podcast with the Cupid’s Hunt Collaboration Project:
1. We have a Cupid’s Hunt logo (that will be available to download) that we are asking you to post on your site at least one week prior to the event.
2. Each participant is asked to start off the Title of your CH post with “CupidsHunt:”, and to also tag their CH post with the keywords “cupidshunt” and “CH10″. (no quotes on the keywords or the phrase in your post Title, of course).
3. The Cupids Hunt Podcast Collaboration page on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/CupidsHuntPodcastCollaboration) has been the official Cupid’s Hunt headquarters for the past several years. However, this year just in time for the 10th Anniversary edition of the BIG Event, we now have our brand new official domain name/website at:
where we will be promoting the event and all of the podcasters/blogs involved in the days leading up to the event. Additional management and promotion of the event will occur on the Rhythms In Black Satin II website at http://RhythmsInBlackSatin.wordpress.com/
4. Cupid’s Hunt also has a Twitter account ( http://twitter.com/CupidsHunt) that we are asking you to follow for updates about the event and/or to get any questions that you might have answered about the event.
Q5. Where do I get the Cupid’s Hunt logo?
A5. A download link for the updated logos will be posted soon.
Q6. Who can I contact to give them information about my podcast?
A6. There are a few different contact methods:
1. Become a fan of the Cupid’s Hunt Podcast Collaboration page on FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/CupidsHuntPodcastCollaboration
2. Contact Cupid’s Hunt on Twitter ( http://twitter.com/cupidshunt)
3. Contact TGrundy on Twitter ( http://twitter.com/tgrundy)
4. Send an email to Cupid [at] CupidsHunt.com -or- CupidsHunt [at] gmail.com.
Please send us your Cupid’s Hunt podcast info by noon on Wednesday, February 8, 2017 so we can get it in the promotional posts.